[gNewSense-users] the community and aging packages

From: Patrick Frank
Subject: [gNewSense-users] the community and aging packages
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2014 11:53:17 +0100

Hello,
when I saw the talk of Richard Stallman at the Chaos Communication Congress yesterday I felt inspired to try to change my habits as user of the GNU/Linux operating system towards a more free approach in computing.
The first thing that I have observed is that the community on IRC and mailing lists is very much silent.
Another aspect that started to worry me is the aging of packages. As user I am not only restricted to free packages only which cuts out quite a few useful tools but they are based on a Debian release from May 2013 and the current alpha version will be based on that branch too when I am not mistaken.
Is the project still vital at all?
Where do gnewsense users meet these days to be social?
What are the main release goals for gnewsense 4.0?
Greetings, Patrick.