[gNewSense-users] Shellshock

From: Keith Ball
Subject: [gNewSense-users] Shellshock
Date: Sat, 27 Sep 2014 09:15:38 +0100

What, if anything, should I do about "shellshock"?

I mostly use the gNewSense GUI. I'm not yet confident to install the
patches from gnu.org though I guess I'll manage if I have to.

 I've played about a bit with bash and then didn't bother with it as the
manual is very long and I think I read (maybe even in the manual) that
there are better ways of doing the same things as bash does.

But what about calls to bash that I'm not aware of? Am I using bash all
the time without knowing it? Is there a plan or need to make a gNewSense
-specific patch?

Is everyone involved with gNewSense rushing around frantically trying to
fix things or is this just a storm in a teacup?

Thanks

Keith