[gNewSense-users] Using different kernel version in gNewSense 3.1

From: Someshwar M S
Subject: [gNewSense-users] Using different kernel version in gNewSense 3.1
Date: Sat, 19 Apr 2014 00:34:08 +0530

Hi All,

With reference to the installation procedure for lemote mentioned in the below link,
http://wiki.gnewsense.org/Projects/GNewSenseToMIPS

Can I use a different kernel image other than 3.5.3 that is provided in the netboot installer?
I would like to use a linux-libre kernel 3.7 or later as there is support for a modem which I use. Is this possible?
Is there any place where a built 3.7 libre kernel image is available?

Debian maintains a daily build of kernels for lemote.
http://d-i.debian.org/daily-images/mipsel/daily/loongson-2f/netboot/
https://wiki.debian.org/DebianYeeloong/HowTo/Install

Can I use this kernel image along with initrd.gz present in gNewSense installation link?

Thanks
Somesh