Re: [gNewSense-users] udlfb kernel module on YeeLoong + gNewSense (USB-t

From: Sam Kuper
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] udlfb kernel module on YeeLoong + gNewSense (USB-to-DVI video adapter)
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2014 13:29:22 +0000

On Thu, 10 Jun 2010 10:34:56 -0400 Delyan Raychev wrote:
> Has anyone been successful in compiling and using
> the udlfb/displaylinkfb kernel module on YeeLoong
> with gNewSense?
> I was able to compile it, modprode it, and got a green
> screen on the external LCD connected to YeeLoong via
> BVU195.
> But con2fbmap does not seem able to connect a virtual
> terminal to the frame buffer...

Has anyone followed up Delyan's work or otherwise succeeded in getting
a USB-to-DVI or USB-to-VGA display adapter working on the Yeeloong?

I do not have a Yeeloong myself (yet?) but would be grateful to know
whether it is possible to drive a 1920x1080 external LCD monitor using
one. This would be for views where the majority of pixels are not
changing rapidly: text editing, etc rather than playing back video or
such like.

Best regards,

Sam