[gNewSense-users] kdepasswd removed

From: Sam Geeraerts
Subject: [gNewSense-users] kdepasswd removed
Date: Sun, 29 Dec 2013 22:34:55 +0100

Due to ambiguous and possibly non-free license terms [1], kdepasswd has
been removed from the repository. KDE users who want to change their
password can either install gnome-control-center or open a terminal
window and run the following command:

passwd

That will ask for your current password once and your new password
twice. Nothing will appear on the screen as you type. That's normal.
Just type the password and hit Enter.

Another side effect is that some icons of the login screen may go
missing. This does not impact the functionality of it.

We hope to resolve this situation soon so that we can include the KDE
password utility again.

[1] https://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/index.php?39678