[gNewSense-users] gNewSense 2 DeltaH end of life

From: Sam Geeraerts
Subject: [gNewSense-users] gNewSense 2 DeltaH end of life
Date: Sat, 28 Dec 2013 22:05:00 +0100

Hi,

The retirement of gNewSense 2, a.k.a. DeltaH, is long overdue. It no
longer receives security updates, nor do we want to support it any
longer in other ways. I strongly encourage anyone still using it to
migrate to gNewSense 3. There is no upgrade path from version 2 to
version 3, but you can have them both installed on the same disk. The
installation instruction for gNewSense 3 can be found on the website
[1].

The repository for gNewSense 2 will go offline next Friday, 2014-01-03.
Installations of gNewSense 2 will keep on working after that, but you
will no longer be able to install additional software.

[1] http://www.gnewsense.org/Documentation/3/InstallationManual

Regards,
Sam Geeraerts