Re: [gNewSense-users] A user's view

From: Quiliro Ordóñez Baca
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] A user's view
Date: Fri, 27 Dec 2013 00:22:17 -0500

El 26/12/13 23:57, Guilherme Vieira escribió:

> So I updated the kernel to one I found somewhere and those problems
> were gone. I have also tried to stick to one of the browsers that came
> bundled with the system: Epiphany, IceWeasel, and IceCat. None was
> remotely sane. Some of them could not play animated GIFs. Others
> displayed texts with awful fonts with lots of alias. So I threw them
> all away, installed Mozilla Firefox, and never looked back.

So most of your problems came from either not installing something (in
Parabola) or kernel related or older software. The first problem is
solved by learning (and making many mistakes). The second problem is
better solved with a newer kernel or by contributing to have better
hardware support in the kernel (reverse engineering hardware drivers).
And the third is solved by either using a bleeding edge distro such as
Parabola or by compiling the newest packages. I think that a good
compromise is Trisquel if you do not have the necessary knowledge to
hack GNU. Of course that you have to deal with hardware that will not
work with libre (free as in freedom) software. But that is just how it
is if you want to keep your freedom. :-)

I think that you should check your log files and search the Internet to
find a solution to your HDMI monitor problem.

Hope these comments help.

Quiliro
Quito, Ecuador, South America, America, World, Solar System, Milkiway,
Universe