Re: [gNewSense-users] Added gnewsense-three repos to sources.list, no up

From: Sam Geeraerts
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] Added gnewsense-three repos to sources.list, no updates yet
Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2013 23:19:51 +0200

Op Thu, 17 Oct 2013 21:33:03 -0400
schreef Chris Murphy <address@hidden>:

> Hi.  I installed gNewSense before it got to version three, and after
> version three came out, I followed the instructions [1] for getting
> the latest packages.  However, even after making the changes, I
> haven't gotten any updates.  I tried updating and upgrading again
> today, and there weren't any updates even though it had been nearly
> half a month since I ran `apt-get update' before.  Here is my
> sources.list file:

(snip)
Your sources.list looks alright. I synchronized with Debian's kernel on
October 7th, so you should have gotten a new kernel shortly after.
Running 'apt-cache policy linux-base' should show version
2.6.32-48squeeze4gnewsense2 as either installed or candidate.

> I am not sure how to make it install the latest updates, if there have
> been any.  Thanks for any help on this!  Even without updates,
> gNewSense has been a fantastic operating system.

Thanks. I'll pass on most of that kudos to the Debian guys. :)