Re: [gNewSense-users] Problem booting from live usb

From: Lev Lazinskiy
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] Problem booting from live usb
Date: Tue, 01 Oct 2013 19:32:20 -0400

Hey Max,

I do not have a solution to this issue, but I just wanted to chime in and say that I had the same problem. I also tried two different usb sticks.

I used the cat method listed in the documentation, I also tried to use the dd method listed in other documentation, none of the methods work.

One thing that I noticed is that when you use either the cat or the dd method the USB stick loses its file system type (i.e. goes from fat32 to an unknown file system) -- this has never happened to me before with other distributions.

I was able to successfully boot from a DVD with the same image.

Best,

Lev