[gNewSense-users] Wiki security

From: Sam Geeraerts
Subject: [gNewSense-users] Wiki security
Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2013 20:43:26 +0100

Hi all,

Debian recently discovered a security incident with their wiki [1].
gNewSense uses the same wiki software, but I found no evidence of a
similar security breach on our server. I installed the fix when Debian
released it.

This incident does show that it's important to avoid using the same
password for multiple user accounts. If you don't already do this as a
policy, please update your credentials (for gNewSense and other)
accordingly.

[1] http://wiki.debian.org/DebianWiki/SecurityIncident2012