Re: [gNewSense-users] Lemote Yeeloong will not boot into GUI - only term

From: Ruhan Alpaydın
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] Lemote Yeeloong will not boot into GUI - only terminal
Date: Mon, 24 Dec 2012 08:58:22 +0200

This did not work for me.

After doing the installation on the page (http://wiki.gnewsense.org/Projects/GNewSenseToMIPS) I did:
tasksel install desktop

However still I do not have a graphical environment.

If I do a
startx

I get
(EE) SMI(0): Cannot read V_BIOS (5) No such file or directory

I did remove the xserver-org-video-siliconmotion as advised in the page (http://wiki.gnewsense.org/Projects/GNewSenseToMIPS) and restarted.

However, still X does not work.

-Ruhan

2012/12/19 Marek Buras <address@hidden>
On Wed, Dec 19, 2012 at 07:16:36PM +1100, Karl Goetz wrote:
> Is gnome installed? What about gdm? If its not already there you will need the startx program installed though i forget what brings that in.
> Thanks,
> kk

startx is available in the xinit package, but maybe Mark should check
too if he has "desktop" task installed?

tasksel --list-task

and

tasksel install desktop (this one should install all required packages)

HTH.
--
Marek Buras
cyfr0n (at) go2.pl