[gNewSense-users] Compiling a kernel on yeeloong

From: bromley
Subject: [gNewSense-users] Compiling a kernel on yeeloong
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2012 00:17:25 -0500 (EST)

Hello there!

(Note that I'm using Parabola.)

I compiled a kernel from sources, but it doesn't detect the sensors
(i.e., fans don't work). I've seen the `yeeloong_laptop config not
found!!' warning on this step(0). Can it be the cause?

I have the following file:
/usr/lib/modules/3.6.8-1-1-LIBRE/kernel/drivers/platform/mips/yeeloong_laptop.ko.gz

Can I use it? How?

I assume that I need this patchset(1), but I don't know how to fetch
it. Should I copy each patch from the message body?

Also I'm not sure that these patches are free. Can anyone confirm?

(0)
http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Kernels/Compilation/Traditional#localmodconfig
(1) http://article.gmane.org/gmane.linux.kernel/922505