[gNewSense-users] Status of Silicon Motion acceleration on Yeeloong 2F

From: YAMAMOTO Kentaro
Subject: [gNewSense-users] Status of Silicon Motion acceleration on Yeeloong 2F
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2012 20:25:29 +0900

Hello,

I'd like to ask if, with default installation, gNewSense 3 provides
acceleration with Silicon Motion GPU on Yeeloong 2F?  If not, does it
help to install a custom-built package from elsewhere?  What about
other recent distributions?

I have metad installed on my 8089.  I've also installed custom-built
xserver-xorg-video-siliconmotion driver from somewhere according to an
old instruction which was available on gns wiki around 2009 (it has
long been erased).  With them, I have

* Faster 2d graphics than framebuffer
* Xv extension
* External video output on VGA (mirroring)
* Changing resolution on VGA and embedded LCD panel

working.  I'm considering upgrading to newer distributions if they
support (some of) these.

Thank you,

--
YAMAMOTO Kentaro <address@hidden>