Re: [gNewSense-users] irc help

From: Sam Geeraerts
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] irc help
Date: Sun, 9 Dec 2012 11:54:20 +0100

Op Sun, 9 Dec 2012 05:14:50 +0000
schreef Kevin McCready <address@hidden>:

> Thanks for your help.
> I'm getting a b43 firmware error on the wifi.

The how-to on our wiki [1] says you'll need a newer kernel.

> I'm also getting an error saying I need an Adaptive Multirate (AMR)
> videodecoder for MPEG-4

AMR seems [2] to be a codec mainly used for speech. The article says
it's supported in VLC 1.1.0, which is newer than the version found in
our repository. You can try the version from squeeze or
squeeze-backports, as suggested on the VLC website [3].

> It's also interesting to note that google mail didn't like the Epihany
> browser, but I hit the ignore button.

As far as I know, Gmail can also be used with a regular email client.

[1] http://wiki.gnewsense.org/Documentation/Wireless#b43
[2] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adaptive_Multi-Rate_audio_codec
[3] http://www.videolan.org/vlc/download-debian.html