Re: [gNewSense-users] gNewSense 3 installed fine on Yeeloong

From: Sam Geeraerts
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] gNewSense 3 installed fine on Yeeloong
Date: Fri, 05 Oct 2012 20:18:53 +0200

Michał Masłowski wrote:
resume=/dev/sda3 libata.force=80c

the first one should point to the swap partition and is needed for
hibernation, the second one makes the disk faster (although still slow).

Interesting, I didn't know about the disk parameter yet.

There are various patches for the driver and the X server that solve
this.  Maybe gNewSense 3.0 will have an old enough X server for this
driver to be faster.

Looking at those patches is still on my todo list. Depending on the difficulty that will be something for the beta or for after 3.0 release.