Re: [gNewSense-users] [OT] Steps to create a mailbox

From: Stayvoid
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] [OT] Steps to create a mailbox
Date: Wed, 16 May 2012 11:10:58 +0400

Hi,

Could you help me with bind?

(I can't attach the files. Sorry.)
/etc/bind/db.example.com:
http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=U9CYqDyj

/etc/bind/named.conf.local:
http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=cTuuwPNA

Questions:
1. My /etc/hosts doesn't contain anything related to ns.example.com. Is this OK?
2. How to configure bind to support IPv6?
3. I have joe.example.com in db.example.com. Will it be my email address?
4. Is it possible (and necessary) to have several ns (and mx) records
on the same machine?
5. What should I write in /etc/bind/db.<the first octet> file? Could
you provide an example?
6. Is there a need for additional tweaking?

Cheers