Re: [gNewSense-users] Where's IceCat?

From: Sam Geeraerts
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] Where's IceCat?
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2012 17:19:35 +0200

Trapper wrote:
gnewsense v2.3

I am new to gnewsense and am attempting to install icecat but synaptic doesn't seem to be able to locate it. I was of the opinion icecat was readily available for installation. What do I need to know that I don't know?

There was once an IceCat PPA on Launchpad that could be used to install it on gNewSense. Sadly, that's no longer active. As far as I know, there's nobody else building packages for gNewSense 2.3/Ubuntu 8.04.