Re: [gNewSense-users] Yeeloong touchpad tapping

From: Michał Masłowski
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] Yeeloong touchpad tapping
Date: Sat, 07 Apr 2012 17:17:32 +0200

> Is there way to disable touchpad tapping on the Yeeloong (8089-D)?
> For me, this notebook "feature" is even more annoying than the Fn key
> in the left bottom corner :-( There's the xorg.conf option for Synaptics
> touchpads but Yeeloong's touchpad is different. My OS is Parkes,

A solution known to work is to not use X.

The touchpad is made by Sentelic, the kernel driver doesn't have some
features due to patent reasons, somehow absolute positioning (required
by xf86-input-synaptics) is also disabled.

There are various non-mainline drivers for Sentelic touchpads (e.g. for
MSI Wind), maybe some of them would work with the one in YeeLoong.  I
haven't tried using them.