[gNewSense-users] Backup methods

From: Stayvoid
Subject: [gNewSense-users] Backup methods
Date: Mon, 2 Apr 2012 14:05:58 +0400

Hi,

I want to backup my system.
I want to have an ability to extract everything back "automatically."
(I don't want to play with configs.)
It should work like a "local debootstrap."

This one [1] looks interesting, but I don't have enough knowledge to
configure it myself. (For example, I don't know which directories
should be included.) And I don't want it to be an archive. Because I'd
like to access some files from time to time.

And what do you use for weekly backups? I want something like
TimeMachine. Cron + unknown solution from a previous question?

[1] http://en.gentoo-wiki.com/wiki/Custom_Stage4

Cheers