Re: [gNewSense-users] Mounting/partitioning inside a VM

From: Stayvoid
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] Mounting/partitioning inside a VM
Date: Sun, 1 Apr 2012 04:27:21 +0400

> I'd suggest you don't have a separate /boot for gNS (I assume debian
> has a boot directory of its own).
Why?

> I'd suggest you include the gNS /boot on the gns / partition and
> configure the grub currently installed (which i assume is debians) to
> add gns as a boot option.
This is not how it really works.
It's not necessary to play with GRUB for this. I can disable Debian
via webpanel. Debian and gNewSense use different disks (and GRUBs).
My real scheme for partitions is more complicated (separate /opt,
/var/mail etc.). I want to know what is the right way to mount a dir
on a specific partition. Will it be enough to edit /etc/fstab and
reboot?

Cheers