Re: [gNewSense-users] Jitsi

From: Stayvoid
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] Jitsi
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2012 21:39:22 +0400

> What makes it higher priority then any of the alternatives?
I've read about programs which are listed here (Ekiga, Twinkle,
Coccinella, QuteCom, and Jitsi):
http://www.fsf.org/campaigns/priority-projects/free-software-replacement-for-skype

Jitsi is the only cross-platform solution which uses encryption.

Why should we care about other platforms?
This can encourage people to use GNU/Linux. But it can't be done in an
hour. Users should understand the importance of free software. First
step is to replace every non-free program with a free analog.

Cheers