Re: [gNewSense-users] [Xorg] (EE) [drm] failed to open device

From: Stayvoid
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] [Xorg] (EE) [drm] failed to open device
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2012 01:11:23 +0300

> (I have removed the CC: to the list since I think that this problem is
> more specific than what the list might normally be interested in.)
I've added the list back.
Maybe there are people somewhere who may find this information useful.
The knowledge should be publicly available.

> $ ls -l /usr/bin/X*
http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=acmi4tV8

Did you check my .config file?
Are you sure that the problem is not connected with the wrong kernel settings?

> If you trust me, you could create a dummy account for me on your machine
> that I could log into.
Sorry, but I'm too paranoid for this.

> I'm OK w/ going back and forth in email.
Let's stick with it.

Cheers