Re: [gNewSense-users] Is Debian now fully free?

From: Sam Geeraerts
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] Is Debian now fully free?
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2011 22:35:29 +0100

Dennis Worthem wrote:
Do you mind giving a status update on gNewSense 3.0? I know
Distrowatch set the status of gNewSense to 'Dormant'.

Current status is 'undergoing maintenance'.

Do you have a rough estimate when 3.0 will be released?  Is there a
list of major blocking issues?

I planned to release a crude alpha by the end of this month. Some sickness got in the way, so probably next month. I'm taking it one step at a time, so I won't estimate when a real release will be ready. If the solution I'm working on now fulfills my expectations, then there will be few problems left and the biggest hold back will be time to work on packages (e.g. freeing blacklisted packages).