Re: [gNewSense-users] How to update to metad?

From: Sam Geeraerts
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] How to update to metad?
Date: Sun, 27 Nov 2011 22:12:32 +0100

Wesley Kohne wrote:
I'm a new user of gNewSense (PC-Desktop). I've read about metad and I want to update from gNS 2.3 deltah to metad, because important functions like wifi and graphic card (VGA only) are missing. I've already installed Ali's Linux kernel 2.6.30.7-libre-fshoppe1 ...

Welcome. I'm afraid there's no upgrade path from deltah to metad and metad was mostly targeted at the Lemote Yeeloong anyway. Are you certain your wifi and graphics card are compatible with free software? Perhaps a newer Linux-libre image from FS Corsica [1] can help.

[1] http://www.fscorsica.org/lkos-en.html