Re: [gNewSense-users] installing error

From: Sam Geeraerts
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] installing error
Date: Sun, 12 Jun 2011 11:41:17 +0200

Raphael Balarini wrote:
Ok, Im having trouble mounting the partition I tried the commands on the
attached file, is there anything Im doing            wrong in here

Your listing of /dev shows that you have 1 partition on the disk, being /dev/hda1. So "mount /dev/hda1 /mnt/gns3" should work. I don't know why it doesn't for you. Try "fsck.ext2 /dev/hda1" to see if the partition has been formatted properly. If it hasn't, run "mkfs.ext3 /dev/hda1" [1]. After that you should be able to mount it.

By the way, don't bother with sudo. In the installer's shell you're root anyway.

[1] It could be that the partition has a non-ext filesystem on it, e.g. reiserfs. Running mkfs.ext3 will delete all data on the disk, but I assume that was the plan anyway.