Re: [gNewSense-users] installing error

From: Sam Geeraerts
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] installing error
Date: Fri, 03 Jun 2011 10:54:04 +0200

Raphael Balarini wrote:
I got the pmon working with usb drive, I reinstalled another pmon version
which fixed the usb devls problem, Im using this guide to install gnewsense
http://vm-kernel.org/blog/2010/03/27/install-debian-lenny-on-yeeloong-80898101/
in the step 6 it gives the mirror downloading file error 2.28squeeze1,
segmentation fault

any advice?

I just remembered that that error is a symptom of the preparations for the Parkes release.

I downloaded gnewsense live cd deltah 2.1 iso , how can I use it on the
lemote yeeloong?

You can't. It's only for i386, not for mipsel.

Whats the easiest way to install the os??

I'm afraid debootstrapping (as suggested on the MIPS port page [1]) is currently the only way to install.

[1] http://www.gnewsense.org/Projects/GNewSenseToMIPS

P.S.: Please reply to the mailing list so that others can also benefit from discussion.