Re: [gNewSense-users] no wireless in metad on yeeloong

From: Sam Geeraerts
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] no wireless in metad on yeeloong
Date: Tue, 08 Feb 2011 21:05:33 +0100

Lars Nooden wrote:
I've run into some difficulty with the wireless with a yeeloong
The interface seems available, and the driver loaded, but is unable to get a DHCP lease.

I had that problem myself more than a few times. It usually happens when NetworkManager gets in the way, but I think it also happens sometimes when NM is not active, and even with eth0. I thought it might be just me because I played with some unstable packages in the past few weeks and haven't rebooted but rather suspended every time.

Anyway, my advice is to

sudo /etc/init.d/network-manager stop

before you try to bring up the network manually. If that doesn't help, try some different kernel versions. If you find a state that works (better) or you find that nothing works at all, report back here.

P.S.: It seems your clock is a bit off. Your email's date stamp was a few hours into the future.