[gNewSense-users] dual monitors with ati radeon

From: Jonathan Wilkes
Subject: [gNewSense-users] dual monitors with ati radeon
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2010 10:51:18 -0800 (PST)

Hi,
     Noob question:
     I'm trying to setup my monitors through gnome-display-properties so that I
can stretch the desktop across two monitors.  But I'm running into problems
because any time I try to set the resolution above 640x480 and click "Apply"
either the second monitor shuts off completely, or the 1st monitor's output is
just cloned to the second.
         I looked online for any information, but most of what I found was
about laptops + external monitor or really odd setups.  I'm running deltah 2.3
with an ati radeon 300SE*.  Any advice or links to resources?

Thanks,
Jonathan

* well, it's either a 300 or 300SE-- there are two video cards on this machine
and I'm not sure how to tell which one is the one I'm actually using.