Re: [gNewSense-users] Lemote idles... how to kill processes?

From: Vladimir B. Tsarkov
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] Lemote idles... how to kill processes?
Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2010 13:09:43 +0300

Good afternoon!

> Ctrl Alt F1 is the right combination but I'm quite sure I tried it with no
> success.

You can check this link: http://linux.about.com/od/linux101/l/blnewbie4_3_1.htm
for more information about such kind of combinations.

> Next time I'll try Ctrl Alt Backspace.
> I'm using Openbox (LXDE).. I'll try also to find a key binding to kill
> processes.
>
> Anyway freezes didn't happen  anymore. I can easily connect netbook to phone
> but i can't do anything. I mean, even this:
>
> ping -c 4 example.com
>
> and no package received.

May be, something wrong with the network service. Try to restart it.
The command can look like this:

/etc/init.d/networking restart

or

/etc/init.d/networking force-reload

Usage: /etc/init.d/networking {start|stop|restart|force-reload}

Good luck!
Vladimir