[gNewSense-users] Metad LXDE Setup

From: Paul Roge
Subject: [gNewSense-users] Metad LXDE Setup
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2010 13:19:00 -0600

Dear gnewsense community,

I am facing three problems setting up metad LXDE on a lemote yeeloong
notebook. Your help would be much appreciated.

1) The battery monitor panel item does not display properly. It says
"no battery found". On a possibly related note, on startup I receive a
message that acpid cannot talk to the kernel via netlink.

2) I am only able to mount usb and pcmcia volumes manually or via the
pcmanfm gui. Is there a way to have volumes mounted automatically
to /media/ as in GNOME?

3) I am currently using with network-manager and network-manager-gnome
for connecting to the internet. I couldn't figure out LXDE packages
lxnm and lxpanel-netstat-plugin. While all the webpages that I read on
this recommended using the GNOME network managers, I haven't found them
to be very reliable. Are there any other program options in the metad
repository that I have missed?

thanks,
Paul

--