Re: [gNewSense-users] GNU Icecat 3.6.13 privacy extension issue.

From: Siddharth
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] GNU Icecat 3.6.13 privacy extension issue.
Date: Sat, 18 Dec 2010 19:29:27 +0530

On Sat, 2010-12-18 at 12:00 +0100, Christophe Jarry wrote:

> I think you should post your message to gnewsense-users so that anyone
> with the same problem can fix it.

I was under the impression that I sent the mail to gnewsense-users
mailing list !. I am sorry.

> Do you have to start IceCat with sudo each time?
No, I ran it once with "sudo". After this the privacy extension is
installed across all the user accounts in the system. I maintain two
accounts for myself- one for adminstration and the other for normal
work. I logged into my adminstration account , ran icecat with "sudo"
privilege , the extension got installed, I logged out, logged into the
normal user account ( no admin priviliges) and fired icecat. Everything
worked including the privacy extension. This privacy extension can be
'disabled' but not 'uninstalled'.

--
“The secret of happiness is freedom. The secret of freedom is courage.”
                                                          --Thucydides