[gNewSense-users] GNU Icecat 3.6.13 privacy extension issue.

From: Siddharth
Subject: [gNewSense-users] GNU Icecat 3.6.13 privacy extension issue.
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2010 12:30:44 +0530

I updated gNewSense 2.3 deltah today. The update installed a new version
of Icecat ( 3.6.13 ). This minor update includes a Gnuzilla privacy
extension which asks the user if he wants to install it, while the user
opens icecat after the update ( for the first time ). I think this
extension requires "sudo" privilges to get installed. So you have to run
icecat with sudo privileges to get the extension installed.

Period.

When I refused to install the extension and went forward at the first
time. I was suprised to find that most of the extensions that I use
stopped functioning completely :

Here is the List of extensions I use:
DownThemAll  1.1.10 ( didn't work )
Firemacs 3.8 ( didn't work)