[gNewSense-users] Need a printer for my computer - I think I found one "

From: Niklas Cholmkvist
Subject: [gNewSense-users] Need a printer for my computer - I think I found one "HP F2480"
Date: Tue, 07 Sep 2010 16:48:36 +0300

Hello,

I currently don't have a functioning printer at home which is a problem
for my mom because she wants to print things. Soon after we found out
that our printer stopped working (or even refused to open when hitting
the 'on' switch) my mother asked if we can both go to the computer shop
to find a new printer. I was worried that we would find a printer that
would only work with non-free software.

I found the page http://www.fsf.org/resources/hw/printers and
specifically went to
http://hplipopensource.com/hplip-web/supported_devices/combined.html
which it had a link to and noticed that the printer we saw in an
advertisement "HP Πολυμηχάνημα InkJet 3-σε-1 F 2480" was listed at the
webpage, with "Driver Plug-in" set to "no". (which the
http://www.fsf.org/resources/hw/printers page said I should take notice
of) I'm considering to buy that printer. Just thought of letting you
know, because maybe in the future I will find out that it doesn't work
using fully free software, although I really hope that it will work and
without any non-free software.

Regards,

Niklas