Re: [gNewSense-users] Solut ion for watching video clips in web pages wi

From: Vladimir B. Tsarkov
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] Solut ion for watching video clips in web pages without flash - Linterna Mágica
Date: Sat, 4 Sep 2010 00:01:14 +0400

Good evening!

> address "about:plugins".
>
> The packages are:
>    * totem-mozilla
>    * mozilla-plugin-vlc
>    * xine-plugin

A few minutes ago I installed all the three plugins:

sudo apt-get install totem-mozilla

None of the plugins is seen on "about:plugins" page...
I do not know how to fix it.

Anyway, I found a way to use the linterna magica to
simplify the way of viewing the youtube videos:
If you push the "Save video clip" button, it is
easy to download the youtube clips. Afterwards I use xine
to view them (none of the three packages that were mentioned
above are needed to use this method):

xine videoplayback

Good luck!
Vladimir