Re: [gNewSense-users] Solution for watching video clips in web pages wit

From: Ivaylo Valkov
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] Solution for watching video clips in web pages without flash - Linterna Mágica
Date: Wed, 01 Sep 2010 10:56:27 +0300

Vladimir B. Tsarkov writes:

> I use Icecat browser [Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US;
> rv:1.9.2.2)

So, now I will understand is it working with Icecat. :)

> Gecko/20100324 IceCat/3.6.2 (like Firefox/3.6.2)]. So, I have:
>
> # ls -al ~/.gnuzilla/icecat/

I assume this will be the  "~/.mozilla/firefox"  in the website/documentation.

> # ls -al ~/.gnuzilla/icecat/qen77pap.default

This of course is your profile.  But I do not see a gm_scripts
directory. Have you installed the Greasemonkey extension? Maybe I had to
give a direct link[1] for the Greasemonkey extension, but there is a
download link at greasespot.net. After installation if Greasemonkey is
working with Icecat (and there is no reason not to), there should be a
"gm_scripts" directory in "~/.gnuzilla/icecat/qen77pap.default".

Now use the in browser installation :
    -  left-click the userscript and a window will show up
    - rick-click the userscript and choose "View user script"; Now there
    should be an "Install" button.

If nothing happens this way, check if the extension is activated.

For copying directly something like that:
 mkdir ~/.gnuzilla/icecat/qen77pap.default/gm_scripts/linterna_magica/
 cp linternamagica.user.js
~/.gnuzilla/icecat/qen77pap.default/gm_scripts/linterna_magica/linterna_magica.user.js

There is usually a config.xml file in gm_scripts that lists installed
scripts. You might have to restart the browser to detect the new
userscript and make the file. This is valid only for direct copying.

If you never used Greaseonkey better use the in browser installation method.

I've never tried this with Icecat, so if you give me some feedback will
be great.

[1] https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/748/