[gNewSense-users] new install on Yeeloong, using LXDE

From: usonaulo-pete
Subject: [gNewSense-users] new install on Yeeloong, using LXDE
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2010 04:21:18 -0700 (PDT)

Thanks for the comparison information of xfce and LXDE.

I installed LXDE and I like it.  But I haven't had good luck with slim, so I'm
using gdm right now.

If I removed gdm and installed slim, what manual work would be necessary to get
it to automatically start at boot-up, like gdm does now?  (not auto login, just
start up LXDE?)

On the LXDE Debian page, I see a mention of ~/xinitirc, but I didn't find that
on my system.  I've seen other posts about Xsessions versus /.xinitrc, etc.

I'd like to use slim, but I really don't want to muck up my X Windows setup.

Thanks.

--pete