Re: [gNewSense-users] metad yeeloong install error message

From: Cato Auestad
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] metad yeeloong install error message
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2010 02:07:18 +0200

On Mon, Jul 26, 2010 at 1:01 AM, <address@hidden> wrote:
I wrote yesterday that I got an error message while doing an install.
When Karl asked what the contents of the message were, I felt a little embarrassed and decided to get some useful information for him.

I finished the install and re-booted normally without any problems.  I saw a Grub screen as I have previously.

Do you maybe confuse the GRUB screen with the PMON boot screen? If the installed said that it didn't install GRUB, then I think it wasn't installed.

Why did I receive those messages?

I am not really sure, maybe someone else can answer on that one. But I am pretty sure it isn't anything nothing dangerous :) I got the same messages. At first I just set the al variable in PMON to boot the kernel I wanted, then I made a boot.cfg so PMON can choose.

Will I have a problem when a new kernel version is ready?

No, you will not. When you install a new kernel you just edit the boot.cfg file to include your new kernel :)

--
Cato Auestad
bleakgadfly

"Don't get set into one form, adapt it and build
 your own, and let it grow, be like Emacs. Empty
 your mind, be formless, shapeless - like Emacs.
 If you put Emacs in a cup it becomes the cup, if
 you put into a bottle it becomes the bottle. You
 put Emacs into a teapot it becomes the teapot.
 Now, Emacs can flow or it can crash. Be Emacs, my friend"