Re: [gNewSense-users] gnewsense irc channel split?

From: J.B. Nicholson-Owens
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] gnewsense irc channel split?
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2010 18:58:00 -0500

address@hidden wrote:
Today someone in the gNewSense irc channel proposed me to split #gnewsense
in two different channels: one for support only and the other for offtopic
chat only.

Unfortunately, I've got nothing but questions because I am trying to understand the issue.

So, basically people are being asked to take their offtopic chat somewhere else? I ask this because I don't understand what offtopic gNewSense conversation means. If the chat concerns gNewSense, one is better off finding other gNewSense fans on #gnewsense, right?

Can't gNewSense fans join both #gnewsense and some other channel where they discuss gNewSense on #gnewsense and the other chat in some general chat channel?