Re: [gNewSense-users] localization of gnome panel menu bar

From: Michał Masłowski
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] localization of gnome panel menu bar
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2010 21:42:52 +0200

> Please, explain me, what concrete package contains gnome
> panel menu bar. I need this information to figure out
> the state of localization of this package.
The gnome panel translation:
$ dpkg-query -S /usr/share/locale/pl/LC_MESSAGES/gnome-panel-2.0.mo
gnome-panel-data: /usr/share/locale/pl/LC_MESSAGES/gnome-panel-2.0.mo

Menu entries belong to other packages:
$ dpkg-query -S /usr/share/applications/gimp.desktop
gimp: /usr/share/applications/gimp.desktop

"dpkg-query -S" will find the package of a given file.  Menu entries
should be files in /usr/share/applications.