Re: [gNewSense-users] Checking YeeLoong battery status

From: Cato Auestad
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] Checking YeeLoong battery status
Date: Thu, 13 May 2010 20:36:29 +0200

Thanks, guys. I haven't got a chance to check Delyan's answer, but the
apm one worked perfectly for me. Problably won't be a problem
integrating it into dwm's menubar.

On 5/13/10, Delyan Raychev <address@hidden> wrote:
> Allow me to add here that with kernel 2.6.33.2-libre-lemote  /proc/apm
> is no longer available
>
> The following command would show the battery status:
>
> #cat /sys/class/power_supply/yeeloong-bat/status
>
> Del
>

> On 5/13/2010 2:21 PM, Delyan Raychev wrote:
>> Cato,
>>
>> With 2.6.32 kernel on YeeLoong this should show you battery power
>> remaining:
>>
>> #cat /proc/apm
>>

>> On 5/13/2010 1:01 PM, Cato Auestad wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Is there any way to check the battery status of the YeeLoong in
>>> gNewSense with Terminal? As far as I can see, acpi is not installed
>>> but GNOME can still find out the battery status.
>>>
>>> I am wondering because i run dwm and currently have no way (that I am
>>> aware of) to check how much battery I have left :(

Cato Auestad
bleakgadfly
www.fsf.org / www.fsfe.org / www.gnu.org

"Don't get set into one form, adapt it and build
 your own, and let it grow, be like Emacs. Empty
 your mind, be formless, shapeless - like Emacs.
 If you put Emacs in a cup it becomes the cup, if
 you put into a bottle it becomes the bottle. You
 put Emacs into a teapot it becomes the teapot.
 Now, Emacs can flow or it can crash. Be Emacs, my friend"