Re: [gNewSense-users] Lemote: network interfaces down at startup

From: Federico Bruni
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] Lemote: network interfaces down at startup
Date: Mon, 10 May 2010 20:36:15 +0200

On Sun, 2010-05-09 at 19:20 +0200, Sam Geeraerts wrote:
> Federico Bruni schreef:
> > On Sun, 2010-05-09 at 14:11 +0200, Sam Geeraerts wrote:
> >> Try ln -s /etc/init.d/yeeloong-base /etc/rcS.d/S38yeeloong-base
> >
> > Thanks, now it works perfect (I've tested just the wired connection
> but
> > I guess wireless will work as well).
>
> The yeeloong-base init only affects wireless. The interfaces file you
> posted originally didn't include eth0, so it makes sense that you
> didn't
> have a wired connection. I would be surprised if it works now because
> of
> the change I suggested.

I tested the wireless and it works fine.
There is still one small problem:

When I boot, the system is not able to understand that eth0 is not
plugged, so it tries to connect through eth0 first. That's a waste of
time I'd like to avoid.
Then it tries wlan0, which works.

Can I fix it somehow?

This is my /etc/network/interfaces: