Re: [gNewSense-users] Boot problem

From: Freemor
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] Boot problem
Date: Thu, 6 May 2010 13:50:08 -0300

On Thu, 6 May 2010 15:05:26 +0200 (Paris, Madrid (heure d'été))
"Nicolas Hussein" <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> One of my friends with gNS 2.3 has a boot problem.
>
> It shows the two following error messages, and then nothing happens :
> [  26.131609] usb1-1: device not accepting address 2, error -71
> [  26.512455] Bad IO access at port 0x113f6 (return inb(port))
>
> Do you know this problem ? What should she do with this ?
>
> Thanks,
> Nicolas

It looks like a USB device not playing nicely or perhaps she has older
USB host controllers that are allergic to the ehci_hcd module. I'd
suggest unplugging all your use devices until after you are booted..
then open a terminal and run:

tail -f /var/log/messages

then start plugging USB devices back in one at a time until you find
the offending device.. if the device is a USB 2.0 device you may be
able to get it to work by openinf a terminal and using the command:

sudo rmmod ehci_hcd

If that get the device to work then the problem may be with the USB
host controller on the motherboard. I have seen this behaviour
before .. usually with older VIA based Host controllers.

Hope this helps
Freemor

--
address@hidden