[gNewSense-users] Rhythmbox-Jamendo

From: R.Siddharth
Subject: [gNewSense-users] Rhythmbox-Jamendo
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2010 21:45:57 +0530

> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 5
> Date: Sun, 21 Mar 2010 05:32:29 -0700 (PDT)
> From: "Jason Self" <address@hidden>
> Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] Rhythmbox - Jamendo
> To: address@hidden
>
> R.Siddharth <address@hidden> wrote ..
> > For a few months from now , I was and am not able to play songs from
> > Jamendo using the Rhythmbox player. Does anyone here know what might the
> > problem ? . I use gNewSense 2.3 and have been using it from October
> > 2009 .
> >
> > Thank you for your help.
>
> Unfortunately, your message doesn't provide enough detail for anyone to help
> you. Can you
> provide more information, including what happens when you try to play them.
> Any sights, sounds,
> or smells?  :)
>
> See http://catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html

Okay , I use version Rhythmbox version 0.11.5 and use it to play
only .ogg files .

Here what exactly happens :

* I open rhythmbox through terminal .
* From the sidebar pane click on  'Jamendo' .
* Jamendo slowly loads its playlist or the library of songs encoded
in .ogg format .

* I search for my favourite artist and click the song title that I wish
to play . After few seconds , a red circular glyph with a white minus in
the middle appears in the left corner of the song title, indicating that
it can't play that song . The same thing happens for each and every song
that I try to play .

------------

But initially when I installed gNewSense , I remember being able to play
songs from jamendo using Rythmbox .

> From: Sam Geeraerts <address@hidden>
> Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] Rhythmbox - Jamendo
> To: address@hidden
>
> R.Siddharth schreef:
> > For a few months from now , I was and am not able to play songs from
> > Jamendo using the Rhythmbox player. Does anyone here know what might the
> > problem ? . I use gNewSense 2.3 and have been using it from October
> > 2009 .
>
> Maybe it has something to do with
> http://www.jamendo.com/en/forums/discussion/11619/cant-play-jamendo-songs-in-rhythmbox-but-seems-to-be-a-jamendo-bug/#Item_0

Thanks for the link Sam Geeraerts .
Looks like even Rhythmbox v0.12.5 has the same problems that i am facing
( I use v0.11.5) . Its apparent that the problem is not with Rhytmbox
but with jamendo .