[gNewSense-users] Re: development libraries

From: MK
Subject: [gNewSense-users] Re: development libraries
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2010 09:35:15 -0500

On Mon, 08 Mar 2010 12:00:33 -0500
Jason Self wrote:
> sudo aptitude install libglib2.0-dev
>
> It's there.
>
> > Never had any problems like this on any other debian derived system
> > I have worked on, and there have been a few. _I'm a programmer and
> > do a lot of source building, never had any problem finding dev libs
> > with apt. _At all.
>
> And yet you didn't find this....

Well -- I did not really believe that there is no dev package available
for glib on gnewsense.  It would be completely infeasible without
that.  My point was that it does not show up when searching the
repository.  If, as a long term debian user, this happens to me, that
kind of implies the problem is not my inability to use or understand
apt (which I have for years) but that there *must be* some peculiar
issue with the gnewsenes repository.

I suppose it does not need to matter to me -- I can always check for a
package name using a properly functioning system, if gnewsense does not
work in this regard, and then try apt-get.   I was just wondering if
there were some explanation for this or some information from the site
that I missed, but apparently that is not the case.  Thanks!

--
MK <address@hidden>