[gNewSense-users] Re: Songbird freedom

From: Yavor Doganov
Subject: [gNewSense-users] Re: Songbird freedom
Date: Mon, 08 Mar 2010 21:05:27 +0200

Nuno Miguel dos Santos Baeta wrote:
> I am continuing my search for a really free iTunes replacement.

I don't have a clue how iTunes look like, but the Songbird screenshots
seem to resemble Rhythmbox, at least to me.

> If you know of such program, especially if it runs on GNU/Linux,

Good luck in your quest.

A program I (try to) maintain for Debian, cynthiune.app, says in its
README that it is a simple iTunes-like player.  I can't say to what
extent this is true; it seems more like an XMMS-like GNUstep player to
me.  Anyway, I guess it wouldn't harm to try it (Rhythmbox is far more
capable both as features and supported formats, IMO).