Re: [gNewSense-users] lemote does not boot after install

From: Peter Rock
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] lemote does not boot after install
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 2010 08:49:43 +0800

Thank you so much for your help. I have finally got gNS to boot on its
own on my YeeLoong. On the wiki however, where it says:

"Note: if the dir (wd0,0)/boot command gives you only one delo.2nd
file, you have to boot your installed system from USB key"

it says to do this:

"load (wd0,0)/boot/vmlinux-2.6.31.6-libre1"

but it should say (usb0,0) instead. And if one is following the
directions on the page, it is unlikely they have a /boot directory on
their USB. I used "load (usb0,0)/vmlinux-2.6.31.6-libre1"

Other notes:

I couldn't install the default kernel (2.6.32.2) but I successfully
installed 2.6.32.3
I also went with GRUB and noted that I had to install GRUB first. sudo
apt-get install grub-yeeloong is working for me so far. Perhaps that
step could be included in the wiki.

Well, I have just booted up for the first time so it's time to play.
Hopefully I can get the wireless to play and other things to work.
Thanks again!