Re: [gNewSense-users] lemote does not boot after install

From: Quiliro Ordóñez
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] lemote does not boot after install
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 2010 09:18:14 -0500

I copied your email to the apropiate thread so it can be indexed
correctly and become easier for other people to search for help. If
you get a digest email, please

2010/1/26 Peter Rock <address@hidden>:
> Here's exactly what happens:
>
> PMON> load (usb0,0)/vmlinux-2.6.31.6-libre1
> (elf)
> 0x80200000/3555840 + 0x80564200/286128(z) + 6815 syms\
> Entry address is 802063c0
>
> PMON> initrd(usb0,0)/initrd.gz
> few minutes with a twirling backslash/frontslash on the right side of
> the screen and then...
>
> Loaded 5259509 bytes
> PMON> g console=tty no_auto_cmd root=/dev/hda1 rootdelay=8 machtype=8.9
>
> And here I get a lot of output I can't repeat along with a Tux the
> penguin logo and eventually I'm taken to the first step of the
> installation process (Choose language) instead of the installed gNS on
> my system. According to dir (wd0,0)/ I have a system installed as it
> lists all the typical directories starting with lost+found, var,
> etc... all the way through to opt.

It worked that way for me. It booted the installed OS and not the installer.

Another way could be that you choose "back" when the installation
tells you it is going to reboot. That gives you a menu. In the menu
you should choose "terminal console" or something like it. There you
should:

chroot chroot /target
mount none /proc -t proc
aptitude update
aptitude install linux-image-2.6.32.5-libre-lemote
exit
exit