Re: [gNewSense-users] lemote does not boot after install

From: Graziano
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] lemote does not boot after install
Date: Sun, 24 Jan 2010 22:15:20 +0100

Il giorno dom, 24/01/2010 alle 15.59 -0500, Quiliro Ordóñez ha scritto:
> Thanks Graziano.
>
> What I did was before rebooting at the end of the installation
> process, chose "back" then asked for the command line interpreter and,
> on the console, typed:
>
> chroot /target
> mount none /proc -t proc
> aptitude update
> aptitude upgrade
> aptitude install linux-image-2.6.32.4-libre-lemote
> exit
> exit
>
> (I guess I could have installed linux-image-2.6.32.5-libre-lemote but
> decided to follow your instructions exactly.)
>
> Then I chose "Finish the installation from the installer and chose
> "continue" when asked to reboot.
>
> After it rebooted I have the same message:
>
> booting:
> The boot.cfg not existed!System will try default entry from al.
>
> And does not boot anything. :-(

This is obvious because after you installed the kernel you have to tell
to pmon where it is.

The first time, when you still don't have the boot.cfg file, you could
give it to pmon by hand.

Press canc when lemote logo appears
then write:

load /dev/fs/address@hidden/boot/vmlinux-2.6.32.4-libre-lemote
initrd /dev/fs/address@hidden/boot/initrd.img-2.6.32.4-libre-lemote
console=tty no_auto_cmd machtype=8.9

Then it should boot.

After booting you can become root and create a file called  boot.cfg
inside /boot

The content of this file has to be the one described on our page
gnewsensetomips.