Re: [gNewSense-users] busybox

From: Richard
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] busybox
Date: Mon, 04 Jan 2010 13:38:44 +0100

Jason Self wrote:
On Jan 3, 2010, at 3:45 PM, Richard <address@hidden> wrote:

If i try to boot the new installed gNewSense, than i get the busybox.
But may this is now better, because it is the busybox from my harddisk.

Do i have to replace the kernel from the busybox, don't think so, or?

Did you had problems by replacing the kernel?

When your newly installed gNewSense starts to boot you have to use the all_generic_ide floppy=off irqpoll again to avoid the busy box, just like you did to get the Live CD to work.

Once your newly installed gNewSense has booted, install the kernel and reboot. You shouldn't have to use the all_generic_ide floppy=off irqpoll at that point.

gNewSense 3.0 will have a newer kernel version, so hopefully this won't be necessary later.

Thanks a lot. Now gNewSense is installed:-).

Also thanks to the other people how tried to help.

:-( My graphic card don't work, it have only one resolution, very low. The next thread i think.