Re: [gNewSense-users] updates - linux 2.6.24-24-generic 2.6.24-24.61 - 4

From: Freemor
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] updates - linux 2.6.24-24-generic 2.6.24-24.61 - 404 not found
Date: Fri, 4 Dec 2009 09:49:49 -0400

On Fri, 4 Dec 2009 14:26:58 +0100
Christophe Pisteur <address@hidden> wrote:

> Le Friday 04 December 2009 13:42:24 Sam Geeraerts, vous avez écrit :
>
> > Christophe Pisteur schreef:
> > > Hello,
> > >
> > > Thank for all you do. I still have a similar probleme as the
> > > message below. I get a new computer and I did install gNS 2.3 (of
> > > course), so I mean: it is a fresh installation (on my old
> > > computer everything works). At the first ubdapte (after
> > > installation), I receive this message:
> > >
> > > Impossible de récupérer
> > > http://ch.archive.gnewsense.org/gnewsense/dists/deltah-security/main/source/Sources.bz2
> > > Somme de contrôle de hachage incohérente Impossible de récupérer
> > > http://ch.archive.gnewsense.org/gnewsense/dists/deltah-security/universe/source/Sources.bz2
> > > Somme de contrôle de hachage incohérente Le téléchargement de
> > > quelques fichiers d'index a échoué, ils ont été ignorés, ou les
> > > anciens ont été utilisés à la place.
> > >
> > > (unable to get "...")
> > >
> > > I receive the same message when I switch to the main server:
> > >
> > > Impossible de récupérer
> > > http://archive.gnewsense.org/gnewsense/dists/deltah-security/main/source/Sources.bz2
> > > Somme de contrôle de hachage incohérente Impossible de récupérer
> > > http://archive.gnewsense.org/gnewsense/dists/deltah-security/universe/source/Sources.bz2
> > > Somme de contrôle de hachage incohérente Le téléchargement de
> > > quelques fichiers d'index a échoué, ils ont été ignorés, ou les
> > > anciens ont été utilisés à la place.
> >
> > I just refreshed the package indexes on my machine and I don't see
> > this problem. I tried with both the main and the European server.
>
> I cann't explain wy, but I still have the same message, even now...
> I trie both servers, and one or two other (in Europe).
>
> I tried to reinstall everything a second time. And after the first
> message of error (up), I update my system without the package who
> doesn't work, and a second message comes:
>
> W: Failed to fetch
> http://ch.archive.gnewsense.org/gnewsense/pool/main/l/linux-ubuntu-modules-2.6.24/linux-ubuntu-modules-2.6.24-25-generic_2.6.24-25.42_i386.deb
> 404 Not Found
>
> I also refreshed the package indexes on my old machine and the
> problem is, en fact, the same... but nothing goes wrong with the
> update (perhaps because I use linux-2.6.29.1-libre-fshoppe2_i386 ?)
>

> > > I beleve the probleme it still with the
> > > linux-image-2.6.24-24-generic, because when I ignore the message
> > > and install the other packages, this is this package who stay in
> > > the list of "update to do". And my system become unstable.
> >
> > We're still looking into the linux-image problem. How does your
> > system become unstable?
>
> The message of error is:
>
> "Ubuntu is running in low graphics mode. Your screen and graphics
> card could not be detected correctly".
>
> After connecting, and when I want to shut down, I had to do a hard
> reset.
>
> But after the installation (so: before the first update), everything
> [...]
I had a problem similar to the OP when I dist-upgraded from 2.2 to 2.3.
I figured it was just a repo problem that would be worked out and so i
popped in gnufs's  2.6.30.7-libre-fshoppe1 from his website. That and
backed out the offending kernel image.. I've had no problems since..
So the OP may want to give tthat route a try.

--
address@hidden
address@hidden

This e-mail has been digitally signed with GnuPG - ( http://gnupg.org/ )